Thursday, April 17, 2008

London Marathon

Me with 2 Marathon runners

Last Sunday was the London Marathon and our planned picnic in Hyde Park to be there near the finish line was hijacked by the weather. Having been somewhat drenched the day before at Portobello Market, my daughter and her partner were reluctant for a reprise. They are great fans of the Marathon and Alan is a Marathon runner himself.


My knowledge of the Marathon was very limited so I found the TV coverage combined with Alan's personal knowledge most informative. By 1 pm I decided that I would brave the weather and go and check it out.


The photo story tells all about my little adventure (WARNING: many photos not directly related to the Marathon as such but rather my way of seeing things): Photo story is at http://picasaweb.google.com/j9bowes/LondonMarathon2008

No comments: